Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Let's go, Canes!


When it comes to goaltending, Cam Ward usually says "No"...  but when it comes to cake, he says "Yes!" Here he is, in a sweet butterfly position, making a save with ease.  His next play?  Slicing into the fudge marble cake and grabbing a fork!



This was one of the most stress-inducing cakes I've made... not because making a sugar goalie is a new thing, but because I was making this sugar goalie for an actual NHL goalie!  Whoooeee - for a perfectionist, that's the recipe for a perfect storm!  I had to make his goalie mask three times before I was pleased with it. The birthday boy was Cam Ward's son and he told me that he wanted a cake "with his dad on it."  The good news is that both Cam and his son liked the final result!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog - I love hearing from readers! Happy caking!

Marj