Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Love Is Sweet

 

Here's the reason why I haven't posted in so long...  For the past two months I have been busy getting ready for our daughter's wedding!  We did a lot of it ourselves - the programs, the decorations, the signage, and, of course, I made the cake.  The wedding was at the Museum of Life and Science in Durham, NC in the beautiful butterfly garden.  After the ceremony, guests got to visit the butterflies and other insects inside the butterfly house and then headed in to the main gallery for dinner.  We served the cake in the aerospace exhibit so everyone could eat and play at the same time!




There were nearly 1300 little sugar flowers covering the cake.  It took me about a week to make them all!


Pound cake with raspberry buttercream filling...mmmm!




4 comments:

  1. Dear Marj,

    thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures of your art- and loveful cakes....

    I was looking for an inspiration for baking a cake for the first school day of my son and I ended up at your blog - it is so inspiring - hope to see more of your great cakes soon.

    Greetings from Germany,

    Justelinchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justelinchen,

    Thank you for those kind words! Happy caking!

    Marj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marj, it's Rosie. For some reason I stopped getting notices of your postings. So, I had not seen your latest posts especialy this one about your daughter's wedding. Ahhh, congratulationsssss to you and your family, and thank you for sharing this memorable ocassion with us. The cake was absolutely gorgeous, I love it. I imagine how busy you were, but it looks like her wedding was a total success! Many blessing to your lovely daughter wishing her a lifelong of happiness!

    Rosie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my friend! I got so busy with the wedding that I haven't really posted much lately! It was a lot of work, but so very much fun. Happy caking, Rosie!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog - I love hearing from readers! Happy caking!

Marj