Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Knit one, Purl two


I have never really mastered the art of knitting, but I know a wonderful group of ladies who are really good at it.  They get together every other week at my church to knit prayer shawls to give to members of the congregation who are dealing with illness or loss.  It's a tangible way to share God's love.  Between the casting on and binding off, these ladies share and pray and laugh together.  I have peeked in at their gatherings and, trust me, these girls know how to have fun!

I recently received a shawl knit by this team and I was truly touched by their gift.  It's warm and cozy, but even more than that, the beautiful magenta shawl is a terrific reminder that I am part of a church family that really cares about each other.  So I decided to say thank you with a treat... a few chocolate cupcakes to share at their next meeting.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog - I love hearing from readers! Happy caking!

Marj