Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

A gift from the squirrels


My dad and the squirrels have a "love-hate" relationship... they LOVE his bird feeders and he HATES it!  The rodents have called a ceasefire in their ongoing war in order to celebrate my dad's 75th birthday.  They have sent an envoy bearing a peace offering and a gift.  They even learned how to spell his name with twigs (they must be genius squirrels!).  And, of course, the chocolate cake with peanut butter buttercream filling was a nice touch as well.


I can't say that my dad is any more squirrel-friendly now, but he sure did like his birthday surprise!

4 comments:

  1. The squirrel is to stinking cute!!! Love him! Nice work as always! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome!!! sooo funny (the twigs spelling out RAY) and pB and chocolate sounds so yummy! (my fave)... !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lyndsay, the twigs were one of my favorite parts! I can just picture a group of little squirrels working together to spell his name - ha ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog - I love hearing from readers! Happy caking!

Marj