Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

ipod Touch Cake Topper


For those of you who know me, I am sure it won't come as a shock that I had to do a little research in order to make this ipod Touch cake topper... I am not exactly techno-savvy!  I do own an ipod, but it's probably considered an antique because all it does is play music - ha!

The birthday girl, who is turning 9, wanted all of her apps to reflect her interests and she wanted it in a shiny pink case.  So I started with a pan of rice krispie treats and went to the app store for some inspiration.  As a frame of reference, this topper was big enough to fit on a half sheet cake... about 9"x14".  The birthday girl and her family were planning to celebrate out of town, so they ordered the cake there and took the topper with them. 


I created apps to represent Girl Scouts, Justin Bieber, baking and cooking, gymnastics...


... fashion, movies and acting, and, yes, even music!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent! I love all the creative apps you included. I'm sure the bday girl loved it.
    BTW Marj, my Ipod is also so very, very old...I believe is the very first Ipod they made LOL!! :D

    Have a wonderful day Marj and thank you for sharing your edible art with the world :)

    Rosie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog - I love hearing from readers! Happy caking!

Marj