Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

Amtrak Cake


Amtrak turned 40 this month, and Griffin, who loves all things train, turned five!  He celebrated his big day by riding the rails from Raleigh to Burlington with a bunch of friends and a cake inspired by the NC Piedmont train that runs from Raleigh to Charlotte daily. 



Griffin's train was all edible.  I made it out of rice krispie treats and fondant.  But the cake was the tastiest part... vanilla cake with oreo filling... mmm! 

I love this picture from the end of the party.  Looks like they enjoyed it!

7 comments:

  1. Looks like Griff had a solid party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lokks to good to eat e _ mail some :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU ARE A VERY TALENTED AND LOVING MOM. IT HAD TO BE HARD TO EAT IT. I KNOW SOMEONE WHO HAD A JOHN DEER TRACTOR CAKE MADE FOR SOMEONE ALL EDIBLE AND THE CAKE NEVER GOT EATTEN. NOW THAT WAS ALLOT OF WORK DONE BY THE BAKER TO NOT TO BE EATTEN AND HAVE TO THROW OUT SOMEDAY?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great time was had by all. I will need to get a railroad cake for my next birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool way to spend Birthday. Cool cake and train ride. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Cake! You are super talented.

    My soon to be 5 year old train fanatic wants this for his birthday cake; complete with the Oreo filling. Would you mind sending me your recipe for the vanilla cake with Oreo filling? Sounds delicious.

    Thanks so much!
    Megan
    catpa98@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog - I love hearing from readers! Happy caking!

Marj