Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Lilly-ish Purse


This cake topper purse is based on several Lilly Pulitzer patterns and designs rather than being a reproduction of a single bag.  I had a hard time choosing which pattern and style I liked best, so I combined them all into one "mash-up."

The base of the purse is rice krispie treats and the fondant cover is combination of several techniques.  I cut out the larger flower shapes and leaves and rolled them into the blue background before covering the base.  Then I added the smaller flower cutouts and handpainted the details.  The bamboo handles were shaped by hand and dusted with several shades of petal dust for a realistic look

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog - I love hearing from readers! Happy caking!

Marj