Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Angry Birds and Green Pigs


Now, I am sure that I am not the only one out there who is clueless about Angry Birds, but I will admit that I had to do a little research and even asked a number of "experts" (namely, the four year olds at my preschool!) to figure out how to make this cake.  The birthday boy's favorite characters in the game are the King Pig and the black bird.  From what I can tell, that black bird is the best because he blows up!  The one thing I wonder, though, is why those pigs are green instead of pink.  hmmmmm.....

7 comments:

  1. Awesome!! So neat and great angry birds too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok... this cake just made my day!!!! Too cute!!!! Nice job, as always ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!!! I love this cake!! You are just so talented and a huge inspiration! I had a customer come to me yesterday saying she wants a angry birds cake for her son and I have been searching everywhere on how to get that lettering like you did for his name too!! How did you create that? Was it all cut by hand with an exacto?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Deborah, for those kind words!

    I did cut the letters by hand, but I made them out of paper first and used the paper pieces as templates so all I had to do was trace around them. I think it's way easier to make adjustments to paper than to keep cutting gum paste. Happy caking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No problem!! I have looked at all your cakes and they are all beautiful and so perfect! Haven't seen one I don't like :)

    Thank you for telling me how you did it! I appreciate it!! Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog - I love hearing from readers! Happy caking!

Marj