Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thanks for a Great Semester!


My son just ended the first semester of his junior year and we started thinking of a way to thank his teachers.  So, of course, we naturally thought of cupcakes.  But not just any cupcakes... subject-specific cupcakes! 

This past semester he took Foods 1 and wanted to share with his teacher his favorite "cheese pun."  Oh, and a few of his favorite foods too... tacos, spaghetti and bacon and eggs!


Spanish 2 was a challenge, but his teacher made it interesting and fun every day.  That's certainly cause for a fiesta!


US History has a notorious reputation for being one of the hardest classes, but not in the hands of a masterful teacher who can bring the events of the American Revolution, the Civil War and World War II to life.  I can't tell you how many topics we discussed on car trips and over the breakfast table.  Not surprisingly, my son had enough ideas to decorate dozens of cupcakes for this teacher!


Last, but not least, a special treat for an Algebra II teacher who always goes above and beyond the call of duty.  Here's to a terrific semester! 






4 comments:

  1. I'm flattered - thank you, Emine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Googled "History Cupcakes" as my six year old wants them for her bday party (she's crazy history geeky) and this was the only thing that came up. Really cute! Beats spelling out the Declaration of Independence in licorice, which is her suggestion for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog - I love hearing from readers! Happy caking!

Marj