Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Helicopter Challenge


Every once in a while I get to think more like an engineer than a cake designer, and this was definitely one of those times.  I was asked to create a birthday cake using this model helicopter as inspiration.  After a few architectural missteps, I was able to get rice krispie treats, some fondant and a few lollipop sticks into a fairly close likeness of the original model.


The birthday boy really liked it, and all the party guests enjoyed the combination of vanilla cake with mocha filling,



2 comments:

  1. My dear, this is soo awesome! i can't tell the difference between the real toy and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Faithy, you are too kind!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog - I love hearing from readers! Happy caking!

Marj