Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Blue Diaper Bag

 

Tiny fingers, tiny toes
Little itty bitty clothes.
Teddy bears and smiles of joy
Welcome a bouncing baby boy.


This cake traveled from Raleigh to Charlotte to help celebrate the impending arrival of a new baby boy.  I used the shower invitation from Tiny Prints as inspiration for this fun diaper bag cake.  My favorite part was the teddy bear.  I made the basic shape out of rice krispie treats and then piped chocolate buttercream fur on the outside.  It smelled so yummy!

Underneath the blue fondant on the diaper bag were three layers of lemon cake and raspberry buttercream filling iced with vanilla buttercream... another yummy combination. 

3 comments:

  1. This cake is very nice, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cake was for my daughter's baby shower, which was given by her husband's aunt, Julie, and sister, Leigh. It was Aunt Julie that delivered it from Raleigh to Charlotte. This cake was SO adorable!! We just couldn't get over the intricate details! Thank you for such a lovely and memorable cake (delicious too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you liked the cake. It was a lot of fun to make!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog - I love hearing from readers! Happy caking!

Marj