Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Fall Floral Wedding Cake


Sugar blooms in fall colors and sweet handmade pumpkins are the perfect decorations for a November wedding reception.  I delivered this four-tier cake to The Stockroom at 230 in the heart of downtown Raleigh.  The venue's brick walls and rustic wooden floors were the perfect backdrop for this cake iced in textured buttercream.  I wish that I had remembered to take my camera to snap a picture after I delivered the cake.  The weather was rainy and windy all day and I knew I was going to have to walk several blocks from the parking deck to the building.  I wasn't even thinking about my camera... my focus was on just getting the cake there in one piece!


The cascade of peonies, hydrangea, poppies, marguerite daisies, calla lilies, alstroemeria, butter cup, sweet pea, ivy and salvia took more than 25 hours to create.  I felt like I was able to channel my inner "Sylvia Weinstock" as I worked.  (If you are wondering "Who is Sylvia Weinstock?" click here!)


When this couple came for their tasting appointment, they liked everything they tried, so this cake was a combination of three different flavors:  carrot cake with cream cheese filling, lemon cake with raspberry buttercream filling, and dark devil's food cake with mocha buttercream filling.

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!

    and the cake flavours sound divine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lyndsay! My family was very excited to eat the leftovers when I was finished!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog - I love hearing from readers! Happy caking!

Marj