Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

On the Night You Were Born


On the night you were born,
the moon shone with such wonder
that the stars peeked in to see you
and the night wind whispered,
"Life will never be the same."


Because there had never been
anyone like you...
ever in the world.


What a beautiful way to start a story.  No wonder Adrianna loves to read it!  I used the images from this book by Nancy Tillman to create a special cake to help celebrate Adrianna's first birthday.  Outside, the cake was cool and icy.  But inside was a yummy red velvet cake with salted caramel buttercream filling.


The birthday girl's favorite characters in the book are the polar bears.  I loved the beautiful red cardinal and the smiling moon.  I used rice krispie treats for the shape of the igloo.  Then I coated it with clear sanding sugar... lots of it!  In fact, I used two whole containers of the sweet, sparkly stuff on this cake.


Adrianna's smash cake was a special treat just for her with a polar bear and sweet icebergs.  I hope she had a good time digging in!


1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog - I love hearing from readers! Happy caking!

Marj