Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Jungle Baby



In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion (and the baby) sleep tonight!  A-wee-e-e-e-we-um-um-a-way..  (Sorry!  I just couldn't help myself.) 


Now that you are humming along with me, you can imagine how yummy this cake was for a recent baby shower. It was Devil's Food chocolate cake with salted caramel buttercream filling and vanilla buttercream icing.  Apparently, it was quite a hit at the party!


I copied the sweet jungle critters straight off the new little one's bedding.  Such a cute room!




4 comments:

  1. Perfect! This is so cute... wonderfully done, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is another one I would LOVE to know how you did the animals? Did you just look at the bedspread picture and cut them out by hand or did you create a template and trace/cut the shapes out from that? So cute, just need to know where to start and how to accomplish such a beautiful cake? Also how did you get the quilt like impressions on the leaves? And the many different leaf cuts? Are there different leaf shapes out there? Thank you for all your help, Marg. Greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Jennifer!
    I made paper templates for the animals by hand (just copied the designs on the quilts) and then traced around them to cut out the fondant. I almost always make paper designs first so I can make sure that I have things exactly the right size and shape. Then I only have to cut the fondant pieces one time! I used a stitch tool (looks like a little pizza roller with teeth) to make the marks on the leaves. I cut some of the leaves with cutters I had and then supplemented with some that I cut free-hand so there would be more shapes. I just cut notches by hand. Happy caking!

    Marj

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog - I love hearing from readers! Happy caking!

Marj