Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Day at the Beach


Summer time - sand between your toes, waves lapping at the shore, and, in the case of Maddie and Jack, another birthday celebration!  I have had the priviledge of making all three of their cakes, and I really feel like I have gotten to know them.  This year these twins were in agreement that the beach was where they wanted to party. 


Maddie is really into Hello Kitty and Jack loves Lightening McQueen.   They both love sea creatures like this octopus and hermit crab.


My favorite part of the cake was the sand castle.  I started with rice krispie treats to make the shape.  Then I painted it with sugar gel and coated it with turbinado sugar to make it look like the real thing.


I loved delivering this cake and seeing the looks on Jack and Maddie's faces when they saw it.  They both just wanted to touch it - the ultimate compliment!

Click here to see Jack and Maddie's first birthday cake - Thing one and Thing Two.  Click here and here to see their second birthday cake full of children's book characters and The Very Hungry Caterpillar cupcakes.

2 comments:

  1. This is soooo cute! Makes me want to head to the beach right now! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog - I love hearing from readers! Happy caking!

Marj