Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

Gnomeo and Juliet


Q:  What do you get when you mix the greatest love story ever told with a bunch of garden gnomes, a few layers of pound cake and chocolate buttercream? 

A:  One seriously yummy birthday celebration!
  

Of course, I had to make the title characters, but Gnomeo's pet mushroom and Cupid's flower are both on the cake too.  The cake was made for a special celebration during a family vacation at the beach.  


After the party I got the nicest note from the birthday girl's mom:
There are not enough ways to say thank you! The expression on her face was absolutely priceless when she saw her cake. And it is delicious as well. THANK YOU!
Mandy
That's what it's all about! 


4 comments:

  1. Just found your blog while googling "picnic cupcakes" you are a true artiste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very sweet to say that - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I want this cake for my birthday is Sept 2013, and I am going to be 42 years old, with no kids! YES :) I am my kid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay young, merlyn! And have a happy birthday!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog - I love hearing from readers! Happy caking!

Marj