Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Raven's Graduation


Fifth grade graduation was last week at Ravenscroft School in Raleigh and it was a time to celebrate!  The school mascot peered over the edge of his nest as he presided over the festivities for one of those students.  That nest smelled fantastic.  It was molded of rice krispie treats and covered in chocolate and toasted coconut.  The cake was pretty yummy too - three layers of carrot cake covered in buttercream icing. Definitely worthy of an A+!

2 comments:

  1. do you use fondant and what are the papers made out of...it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracie, thanks for the compliment! I use fondant and gum paste to make my decorations, but I ice my cakes in buttercream. I used a piping tip to get the textured look with the buttercream on this cake. The paper and pencil are made of gum paste so they are completely edible.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog - I love hearing from readers! Happy caking!

Marj