Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

I Spy a Cake!

A dessert and a party game all in one!  This fudge marble cake with fudge filling is covered in all kinds of crazy stuff just like the pages of every one of the I Spy books by Jean Marzollo and Walter Wick.  Several of the things are trinkets from the party store (my favorite was the chattering teeth!), but most are edible.  I used lots of fun candies on this cake.  I even made the birthday boy a rhyme so he could go on a scavenger hunt before blowing out the candles:

I spy a cupcake and a black spider ring,
A bottle that is blue and notes you can sing.


I spy the letters that spell out my name,
And four birthday candles without any flame.
I spy two mittens, a flag and a kite,
And a Christmas light bulb that is yellow and bright.


I spy a piggy, one small yellow chick,
Three golden coins, and a rainbow on a stick.
I spy one key to a mystery door,
Two bats, three buttons, and the best number – 4!


I spy a rope that looks just like a snake,
And three silver stars on my 4th birthday cake!

1 comment:

  1. Foarte MULT ai avut de munca la acest prejudiciu, brizbrizuri categorii, felicitari

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog - I love hearing from readers! Happy caking!

Marj