Pages

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Carolina Girls

It's graduation weekend at UNC-Chapel Hill and two of my favorite girls are celebrating!

Jessica is finished nursing school...

... and Emily is headed off to teach middle school.

I can't think of any better careers for these two and I am so proud of both of them!   They've been friends for so long that they even chose the same flavors.  Both cakes are Devil's Food chocolate with peanut butter filling. 

And since graduation is on Mother's Day, and my mom will be here for the celebration, and her favorite flavor is raspberry, Emily's pencil cup is vanilla cake with raspberry buttercream.  Happy Mother's Day, Mom!

7 comments:

  1. Love the graduation cakes - they're fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through CC and think your work is amazing! I'm so glad I checked out the blog--thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both cakes! The details esp. the pencil etc..looks like real! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    I would like to get this cake for my graduation. Where do I go to get it done? Do I need to take a picture and go to a bakery to show them and ask if they can do it? What is the type of icing called? Please help!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for asking, Katelyn! You are more than welcome to take a picture of my design to a bakery and ask them to duplicate it. I appreciate you asking!

    I would recommend Sugarland on Franklin Street. The icing on my cakes is buttercream, but they may suggest fondant. I made the decorations with fondant.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops! I meant to say that the icing on the nursing cake is buttercream. The teacher totebag is covered in fondant, but there's a layer of buttercream underneath :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog - I love hearing from readers! Happy caking!

Marj