Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

All About Kate


My friend, Kate, had a birthday this weekend and I decided to help her celebrate with cupcakes.  These, as the title of this post suggests, are a sugar version of "This Is Your Life."

First, there is "Crafty Kate" with crayons, scissors and yarn.  Kate teaches preschoolers and, trust me, she knows her way around a pair of scissors!

Then there's "Wheel of Fortune Kate."  She was a contestant on the show last year.  Hey, Kate!  You need to buy a vowel!  (hee hee)

The third row of cupcakes represents "Mother Earth Kate" and her dedication to recycling.  (Just a little side note:  I felt extremely guilty about the use of disposable piping bags when making these cupcakes, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do - sorry, Kate!)

Finally there's "Canadian Hockey Kate" who was quite excited for the Olympics this past February.  And, yes, they did win the gold medal!

Kate's cupcakes were Devil's Food chocolate with mocha buttercream filling and vanilla cake with raspberry filling.  Happy Birthday, Kate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog - I love hearing from readers! Happy caking!

Marj