Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

It's a Cake, Dude!

Everybody loves the sea turtle named Squirt, a totally cool character from Finding Nemo.  He brings out our inner surfer.  Like, totally rad, dude!  I made this birthday cake for a fun under the sea cake decorating birthday party. It's two layers of Devil's Food chocolate cake with dark chocolate buttercream filling. Squirt is made of gum paste and he's riding a sugary EAC (East Australian Current). The scene with all the surfer dude sea turtles is one of my favorite parts of the movie, so this cake was really fun to do. I didn't know this fun fact before the party, but the birthday girl's nickname is Bubbles. You so totally rock, Brooke!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! My kids would just die if I could make a cake like this for my daughters upcoming birthday! They are in love with turtles! What an awesome cake! Though they all are absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for those kind words! You made my day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog - I love hearing from readers! Happy caking!

Marj