Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

60th Birthday Scrapbook Cake

I made this scrapbook cake last weekend and delivered it to The Wine Cellar at the Angus Barn for a 60th birthday party.

I love making these cakes! Each one is so unique. This one was a Devil's Food chocolate top tier and a pound cake bottom tier all covered in Carolina Blue buttercream. On top is the UNC mascot with a basketball, football and baseball. (Go Heels!) On the sides you'll find Jeff Gordon's race car, the birthday boy's cat and dog, a photo of him with his granddaughters, the logo of North State Bank, a Harley Davidson logo, a pennant representing his high school, the UNC logo, an Elvis record and sand and shells to represent beach music, his two favorites.



After the party I got this wonderful note from his daughter:
Marj,
THE CAKE WAS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!! I LOVED IT! It was the hit of the party! Everyone continued to compliment it and my dad really liked it. It was also very yummy! Thank you so much! I really enjoyed working with you and will certainly be in touch with you for our next event.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog - I love hearing from readers! Happy caking!

Marj