Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Butterfly 1st Birthday

I love to make cakes for first birthdays. My favorite part is the little smash cake for the birthday girl or boy. I think it's because I'm crazy about anything that's miniature!

These cakes  are covered with buttercream roses, gum paste blossoms and sparkly sugar butterflies.

I got this nice note after the party:

Hey Marj,

You did an awesome job on my daughter's birthday cake this past weekend. Everybody loved it!!! It was so beautiful I was scared to cut it. The taste was very good and not too sweet as I find some cakes to be. I will definitely keep you in mind for many more birthdays!

Thanks!
Lisa T.
Thanks, Lisa! I had fun making these for you and I loved the colors you chose. Very girly and eye-catching.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog - I love hearing from readers! Happy caking!

Marj