Pages

Friday, February 20, 2009

Toy Story Cake

This birthday cake was created for a little girl whose favorite movie is - you guessed it - Toy Story! It's also my favorite Pixar movie and as soon as I post this entry I'm heading "to infinity and beyond" on my couch with a bowl of popcorn.

Jessie, Mr. Potato Head, Hamm and the Etch A Sketch were all made of gum paste. Slinky Dog and the green army men are toys for the birthday girl to keep for her collection. Underneath the fondant quilt are two layers of vanilla creme cake and buttercream filling.

After the party I got this nice note:

Hi Marj,
I am Sami Kate's grandmother (Nana) and I just saw the picture of the cake you prepared for her. It is just beautiful and wanted you to know what a wonderful job you did. You are very talented. Thank you for being a part of her 3 year old celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog - I love hearing from readers! Happy caking!

Marj