Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Congratulations, Eagle Scout!

This cake was made to celebrate the accomplishments of a hardworking teenager. I replicated the Eagle Scout patch on top of the cake using fondant and edible paint. The sides are iced in buttercream. I also made 75 coordinating cupcakes iced in khaki buttercream with a chocolate Boy Scout fleur de lis on top to help the entire troop celebrate.

After the reception, I got this nice note from the Eagle Scout's mother:

Thank you for making the cake and cupcakes for Tyler's Eagle Scout reception. They were a HUGE hit. Everyone was talking about how tasty and beautiful they were. I hope to have another occasion soon so we can order another cake. Thanks again for doing such a beautiful job!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog - I love hearing from readers! Happy caking!

Marj